Training course by ICCROM (International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property) and NRLC (National Research Laboratory for Conservation of Cultural Property) of Lucknow.
Place : New Delhi (India)
Dates: 17 November-11 December, 2009 (4 weeks)
Working language: English
Application deadline: 20 April, 2009
The course will deal with various issues related to the preservation and access of sound and image collections (photographs, films, video and audiotapes, digital material) :
- value, meaning, selection and use of sound and image collections;
- identification and preservation of various formats;
- documenting and cataloging, media handling and storage;
- risk assessment and emergency preparedness and response;
- digitization, digital preservation and management;
- access, copyright laws, legal deposit, etc.
More informations and application : http://www.iccrom.org/fra/01train_fr/announce_fr/2009_11SoimaIND_fr.shtml